Skip navigation links
City Commission Office
City Manager's Office
News & Social Media
Visit Dayton
Get E-Mails
Skip navigation links
Building Services
Central Services
Civil Service Board
Convention Center
Economic Development
FinanceExpand Finance
Human Relations Council
Human Resources
Management and Budget
Municipal Court
Planning and Community Development
Public Affairs
Public Works
Recreation and Youth Services
Google Translate
Taxable/Non-Taxable Income 

Taxable Income


Non-Taxable Income

  • Wages, salaries, and other employee compensation 
  • Bonuses, stipends, and tip income 
  • Commissions, fees and other earned income 
  • Sick pay and third party sick pay 
  • Employer supplemental unemployment benefits (Sub pay) 
  • Contributions to retirement plans and tax deferred Annuity plans (including Sec. 410k, Sec. 403b, 457b, ect)
  • Lottery Winnings 
  • Net rental income
  • Net profits of business, professions, corporations, partnerships, ect 
  • Income from partnerships, estates, and trusts 
  • Employee contributions to cost of fringe benefits 
  • Ordinary gains are reported on federal form 4797 
  • Income from wage continuation plans (Including retirement incentive plans and severance plans) 
  • Vacation Pay 
  • Stock Options 
  • Contributions made on behalf of employees to tax deferred annuity plans
  • Income from guaranteed annual wage contracts
  • Prizes and gifts connected to employment if taxed for   Federal tax purposes
  • Gambling Winnings
  • Interest or dividend income 
  • Welfare benefits
  • Social Security benefits 
  • Income from qualified pension plans 
  • State unemployment benefits 
  • Workers Compensation 
  • Proceeds of life insurance
  • Alimony 
  • Active duty military pay (Includes National Guard pay) 
  • Capital gains    
  • Earnings of persons under 16 years of age 
  • Prizes or gifts not connected with employment
  • Compensatory insurance proceeds derived from property damage or personal  injury settlements
  • Patent and copyright income
  • Royalties derived from intangible property
  • Housing allowances for clergy to the extent that the allowance is used to provide a home
  • Annuity distributions
  • Health and welfare benefits distributed by governmental, charitable, religious, or educational organizations
  • Income of religious, fraternal, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational institutions to the extent that such income is derived from tax exempt real estate, tax exempt tangible or intangible property or tax exempt activities

NOTE:    The above items are not a complete listing.  Call (937) 333-3500 if you have questions on items not listed on this page.

 Quick Hits