‘RECYCLE REWARD BUCKS’ FEATURES $100 PAYOUTS
TO CITY OF DAYTON RESIDENTS WHO RECYCLE!
City of Dayton residents now have 100 extra reasons to recycle at home.
Thanks to a contribution by Rumpke Consolidated Companies, Inc., the City of Dayton each month randomly selects four households to receive $100 for participating in Dayton’s recycling efforts. The “Recycle Reward Bucks” drawings occur at a City Commission meeting on the second Wednesday of each month. (VIEW RECENT WINNERS)
“We’ve enhanced our recycling participation a great deal this year, but we’d like to provide even more incentives for people to recycle at home,” said Fred Stovall, Director of Public Works. “The Recycle Reward Bucks program is a fun and unique way to thank people for recycling while encouraging more people to join in. We’ll offer this as a pilot program for the next several months, but we may decide to make it permanent if we find it motivates people to recycle more.”
Rumpke donated $3,000 to be used for the monthly drawing payouts. No City of Dayton tax dollars will be used for the monthly payouts.
Rules & Guidelines:
1. City of Dayton residents using a 32- or 96-gallon recycling container are eligible for the random monthly drawing featuring $100 payouts. Anyone using the 32- or 96-gallon recycling containers within the previous 30-day period will be eligible for that month’s drawing. (The 32- and 96-gallon containers contain RFID chips that allow the City of Dayton to monitor and verify their usage. The smaller 22-gallon recycling bins are not included in the program because they are not equipped with the RFID technology.)
2. Four winning households will be drawn each month – one for each of the City’s four collection days (Monday-Thursday) representing all four quadrants of the city. Each of the four addresses drawn will receive $100.
3. Only city of Dayton addresses that have been verified as having had their recyclables collected within the previous month will be eligible for the monthly drawing.
4. Eligible city of Dayton addresses will be randomly drawn from City of Dayton computer records utilizing a random database search.
5. The monthly drawings will occur at a Dayton City Commission meeting on the second Wednesday of each month.
6. Winners of the Recycle Reward Bucks will be identified by the address drawn and the recycling container registered to that address. Winners will be verified by the name on a City of Dayton utility bill connected to the address drawn.
7. Winners will be notified by certified mail and must claim their Recycle Reward Bucks within 30-days of notification.
8. Recycling Reward Bucks that go uncollected for 30 days will be considered vacated and no payment will be made. That money will be reused for future winners.
9. Winners must collect their Recycle Reward Bucks by visiting the City of Dayton Department of Public Works’ main office at 1736 E. Monument Avenue. At that time, winners must provide valid identification matching their name on a current City of Dayton utility bill of the address drawn.
10. If a winner is a tenant in a rental property, he/she must provide proof of residency at the drawn address by providing a current DP&L bill, phone bill or drivers license with the resident’s name and matching address as drawn.
11. Winners must be at least 18-years old.
12. Rules and guidelines of the Recycle Reward Bucks program are subject to change.
Residents wishing to upgrade from a 22-gallon recycling container to either the 32- or 96-gallon recycling containers should call 333-4800.