The Dayton Fire Department Training Center is the hub of firefighter training for the entire Dayton Metropolitan area. The DFD Training Center is the primary source of initial training and continuing education for the 340+ members of the Dayton Fire Department. In addition, the Training Center also serves as the host site for Ohio Task Force 1 Urban Search & Rescue Team training, Sinclair Community College Fire Academy hands-on training, and agencies throughout the region that come to the facility to train with our unique live fire training props and large training tower.
- 6-story drill tower
- 2-story live fire training structure
- Roof ventilation simulator
- “Saving Our Own” firefighter rescue tower
- Railroad cars / tanker cars
- OH-TF-1 concrete rubble pile and training area
- Underground cistern for water drafting / pump tests
- Forcible entry simulator
- MVFEA Mayday simulator
- 2 full-service classroom facilities
- Office space for Training Center staff
The DFD Training Center is utilized by many regional partners, including Sinclair Community College, Ohio Task Force 1 USAR Team, Ohio Region 3 Rescue Strike Team, Dayton Regional Hazardous Materials Response Team, Montgomery County Sherriff’s Office, Miami Valley Career Technology Center, Warren County Career Center, Miami Valley Fire/EMS Alliance, and numerous fire departments throughout the region.